1. _____ was the first Protestant faith.
2. The division of Christianity in Germany into Catholic and Lutheran states was recognized by (1 point)
the Treaty of Rome.
the Peace of Luther.
the Peace of Augsburg.
the Edict of Worms.
3. Luther taught that (1 point)
the clergy should remain celibate.
good works, not faith alone, bring salvation.
the sacraments promoted the gospel.
the selling of indulgences was wrong.
4. Luther taught that justification by faith (being made right before God) was (1 point)
an abuse used by Catholicism.
not sufficient to be saved.
acceptable for selling by churches.
the central idea of Protestantism.
5. Erasmus taught that Christianity should (1 point)
provide a more complex system of beliefs.
show people how to lead good lives.
sell more relics and indulgences.
encourage more pilgrimages and fasting.
add mee if from CCA samxgoon